In my last Journal entry, I disclosed what all "We've Been Up To" and I promised handfuls of newness coming your way in October. I am one to keep my word, friends! You are reading this, so by now you've gotten a taste of some of the changes made, but let me tell you about all 9! (Because it is my favorite number:-)
1. Homepage layout: set up to give you the most important items we believe you need to see, hear and know all at the ease of a scroll.
In order of appearance:
*Shop by color (mentioned below)
*How we operate
*Top 9 featured items (again with the favorite number;-)
*Spotlight item of the week
*Latest journal story
*Instagram (because imagery is life)
*Video of what's in the works (thank to the incredible Jason and Blue)
2. Testimonials: Your kindness deserves being front and center! We hold your thoughts and feedback as a high priority and we believe the world should know how you feel about the items you invest in.
3. Leather / Care page: Answers all the materials questions: What kind of leather do you use? Where is it from? How do I store it? How do I care for it? Topped off with a video
4. Email sign up: I, hereby, promise not to spam you, over-send, over-sell or any other "over" that makes you want to delete it the moment you see it in your inbox. BUT, I do promise to send you the latest and most important company news, incentives and invites so sign on up!
5. Shop by COLOR: When we first premiered all the colors, we did an initial rollout on half the collection. Well, the testing is over and now the WHOLE Dawn | Dusk Collection comes in COLOR. Remember how I mentioned above in #2 that your feedback is fully received? This is an expression of that. So save your valuable time and shop by COLOR: Black, Taupe & Beige....or ALL:-)
Everything that only used to be available in black:
Dusk Backpack now in Taupe
Dawn Oversized Tote now in Taupe
Large Ray Backpack now in Taupe
6. Prices! I highlighted this change in the last Journal entry but if feels worth celebrating again. We are now only Direct-to-Consumer --> meaning no more wholesale --> meaning no more middle-man --> meaning price structure update
Warning: these next 3 are all gloriously and solely related to product changes...are you as excited as I am?!
7. Updates to Designs: small changes make a big difference
The Small Aura Bucketbag went from a single strap to a double strap but still transitions to a tote!
The Glare Wallet went from opening up completely to now being a full size wallet or small clutch.
The Small Ray Backpack has become more midsized (very similar to the size of the Page Pack from our summer 2015 capsule collection) but this still has the same hidden cinching security as the Large Ray.
9. Product videos! These are one of my favorite aspects to the product information. It's a nice continuous visual for you to see size ratio and draping on a lovely human.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
For the sake of rest, travel and learning, I've decided to hit pause and close shop from September through December.
You can read more here.
This summer marked the send off of my apprentice of 3 years, Lucy. What a pleasure it's been to have worked alongside her; learning as much as teaching.
My time with her has taught me a new appreciation for even the tiniest of details, that the right question can open up new realms in creating and to not be limited by others perception of you, age or otherwise.